City of Frazee Job Application | To be completed by applicants
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org once completed.
Current Job Opportunities:
City of Frazee
Date: August 16, 2021
Position Title: Secretary
Supervisor: City Administrator
The Administrative Secretary position is a job-sharing role, strong organizational skills and good oral and written communication are essential. The ability to multi-task, shift priorities, and work with other departments, along with processing, retaining, and disseminating new and/or changing information are required. This is a part time permanent position working four 6-hour days per week, for a total of up to 24 hours per week, the office is open Monday thru Thursday. The individual manages a wide range of responsibilities and works along with the City Administrator and Deputy Clerk. Sound, professional, technical, and administrative judgment is constantly applied in responding to the needs of the City Administrator and Deputy Clerk, business community, or governmental units.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with the City Administrator and Deputy Clerk to accomplish the City’s goals and objectives.
- Promotes the City’s mission, values and goals and manages all aspects of the position professionally and ethically.
- Handles day to day duties such as pet licenses, bill payments, camping schedules, answering phone calls, maintaining office equipment and supplies, and filing of invoices.
- Answers general questions and problem solves.
- Directs the Frazee website redesign, maintaining appropriate business & resource links and keeping it current.
- Directs the Frazee Cemetery documents filing and organizing, assisting the Sexton with paperwork duties.
- Directs the development & updating of resource materials.
- Collaboratively with the City Administrator and Deputy Clerk, responds to inquiries in a prompt and knowledgeable manner providing appropriate information/referrals to business, technical, and financial resources. Maintain high ethical standards and confidentiality.
- Two-year college degree and two years of related office experience. Or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Effective written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to process, retain, and disseminate new and/or changing information.
- Ability to coordinate amongst staff multiple projects or tasks.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, collaborate with other departments, practice good time management and prioritization, and use considerable discretion and judgement.
- Expertise in technology related communications.
- Must have strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of modern office equipment.
All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required. To perform this job successfully, the worker must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship. The City Administrator retains the discretion to add duties or change the duties of this position at any time. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Most work is performed in a normal office environment. Work requires extensive use of a computer, telephone, and other office equipment. Work is generally light with considerable variety. Lifting a box of paper is the heaviest work. There is considerable attention to detail and deadlines. The job may involve dealing with and calming individuals who are emotionally charged over an issue. Activities include stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, repetitive motions. Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
RIGHT TO AMEND DESCRIPTION:
This description may be reviewed and updated annually at the time of the employee’s performance appraisal; when this position becomes vacant; or if the duties of this position are changed significantly.